Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The First Ptolemy Murder

Since I got my head on straight finally, so to speak. I was wondering about a certain topic. It crossed my mind some time back but it just occurred to me who it was supposed to be about. As you can see by the title of this article, I mused about WHO just was the 1st Ptolemy murder that really just set the tone for the whole dynasty. Here it goes...........It was suspected that Alexander The Great was actually murdered...Poisoned. If it was who I think it was, Alexander was the first Ptolemy murder. He was family you know. A half brother to to the illegitimate son of Philip, his father via the concubine called Arsinoe. Who was given away to the man who raised Ptolemy I.

This readily explains why Ptolemy Sotor ran off with the body....Inventing a tale that whom ever has possession of the body would stay in power forever. Great myth, but even then one could tell if someone was murdered if they got a hold of his body.

It is interesting though....Cleo, the bitch who ruined Egypt lost control of the body somewhere along the line. So maybe the fable had gathered enough energy to create it's own truth............It's Very Own Veritas!

No comments: