Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Home--That Touch Of Truth

So you think Julie Andrews has surprised you with revelations in her book. Well I might just be the one to surprise you more.

Julie's book is not out in the stores in the USA until April 1st. Which is the date my maternal grandmother died. But I have seen the articles on the web and in Good Housekeeping. I can't say I was particularly surprised that Ted Andrews' was a sick fuck. In the early 1990's in Lears Magazine she said he was a violent drunk, but the media as well as her fans passed it over. I knew as I read her words that there was more to that old story. I don't think there will be much ignoring the facts since she spit it out that he made attempts at molesting her in her Autobiography.

I was surprised, though not shocked that she was illegitimate. Since her mother was an alcoholic, her judgments as to what is right and wrong are skewed. I mean poor her some man gave her more attention than her husband, so she slept with him...And as a result Julie was created.

Ted Wells must have been something short of a saint to put up with his wife as long as he did. And to have known Julie wasn't his and still loved her as his own. That was the measure of a true man who knows that it is not the sins of the father (and mother) that is the child's fault....And take into account that this was in a time that adultery was more than just a sin.

Frankly her mother puts a whole new spin on stage moms. Despite everything coming out with the truth to a 14 year old...while drunk....Well...Simply put...Sucks Royally!

So who is her biological father? It hasn't been mentioned in the articles. I wonder if it's even in the book? If he is, perchance, still alive...You can bet the press will hound him and his family, since they have no grace or breeding. So it is possible his name will not be in the book. But if he is gone too, there would no reason to hide the name....Gawd I just had a horrible feeling. What if Julie Andrews and me are actually related. I have relatives that came from Britain. Suppose we're cousins or something. That makes me shudder!

No comments: