Friday, March 14, 2008

"Never Forgive..Never Forget."

The title, " Never Forgive--Never Forget." Comes from Sweeny Todd. It should be the credo of anyone who has ever been wronged. Because forgiving thine enemies is a waste of time.

The thing about Julie that has always irritated me the most, is her way sublimating the problems. I'm glad all persons concerned is dead. Acting this way in a public book would have only given more fuel to the ones who committed the crimes.

In a way I had similar problems....Only I didn't know it until I was an adult. What I did know is that my father cheated on my mother and she divorced him when I was 5 years old. He married the woman he had the affair with and ran off to North Carolina to hide the rest of his life. I say hid because he owed me massive amounts of child support which he never paid one cent of.

What I found out later on that he, along with the slut he married had gone to my mother and said that unless she cut in half, the pitifully small amount of child support that was awarded her..Which was about $10 weekly. That they would kidnap and kill me.

This explained the reason she moved so frequently and when her parents died and left her their Florida home, that she sold a new, it was only a few years old,
for $10,000 fully furnished and moved off to California and changed our names.
Even in 1970 that was a pitifully low amount. I never knew why she was in such a rush to get rid of it. When she told me years later what was going on, she said she needed to get rid of the house since he knew where it was.

All good things come to those who wait though....On the right date when he reached the proper age...66, he and his tramp were killed in a car accident. It was so messy, that the authorities did not want the family to view the bodies even for identification purposes....This all happened during the time Julie lost her voice. I even have the personal Julie chuckle on this...The young man who did the world a favor by getting rid of this bit of trash.....He was in his pickup truck on a country road trying to find a new cassette to put in his stereo and reach down and daddy dearest tiny car came out of no where and got quite squashed as a result....So my chuckle is...Daddy was killed as a result of the "lack of the sound of music".


Please don't think I am so heartless...If I would have known who the boy was. I would have sent him a congratulations card on a job well done.

To this day I don't forgive the bum because he doesn't deserve it.

Unlike Julie's situation, my mother decided, as any normal mother would, to protect her young at all cost. You can make excuses and all for her behavior, but in the end it was her decision to stay with the one who abused her kids....I do not know if it's in the book that Barbara ever said she was sorry for what she did...But in my opinion, why forgive or even act like you do, in a public book if one never even apologized.

No comments: