Thursday, March 27, 2008

Xander & Xanadu Bunny Brothers Forever

Late last year I bought 2 Bunny Brothers, Xander & Xanadu. Life was good for them being free range apartment bunnies. But they are such delicate little creatures. Xanadu died last month. I found him on the bathroom rug having a seizure. An hour later he died in my bed. His brother Xander gave him bunny kissy on the nose just before he went.

Xander & Xanadu the 1st week in their new home. The cage
was nothing more than an open door to put their daily carrot in

The general consensus was that he had a genetic disorder. And said never to buy from that breeder again....I was looking for a baby brother for Xander so he wouldn't be alone.

Taken a couple of months ago at their feeding station.

I bought a baby and named him Zachery Bix....Like from Hocus Pocus. Binking is what a bunny does when they are joyful, and boy was he and was he into everything he could.
Xander with his new baby brother. Zach is sitting in his food bowl.
I guess he wasn't used to cut glass bowls to have your food and water
in where he came from...He was a turn in to a pet store.

Everything seemed fine up until a few days ago. Xander had gotten a scratch in his ear and it set him off his feed cause it hurt. When I discovered it, it was mostly healed, but I put neosporin on it anyway so aid it's healing. But something must have poisoned his system and he died this morning around Midnight. He's buried next to his dear brother now.

I hope poor little Zachery doesn't have something bad happen, He's the only bunny and I hesitate getting another one if such beauty dies so easily.

No comments: