Monday, May 26, 2008

Some Switcheroos Aren't Kosher

I am a big fan of The Mummy movies. I didn't see The Scorpion King in the theaters but watched the DVD someone loaned me. I don't own it cause it stunk. But I have the other two movies and have watched them several times. I don't know if I will go see The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor or not.

If Rachel didn't want to do the third movie....fine. Then have an excuse that Evie was on a dig elsewhere and have Maria Bello as her long lost sister. No love interest or anything, to make O'Connell look like a creep. If a 4th movie comes about, you can use either women's characters. That way there is no built in resentment, among the fans and loss of revenue by just using a different actress in the role of Evie.

Hollywood people have no thought or originality or they would have thought of this. Replacing Evie with no thought as to the repercussions is stupid and arrogant on their part. Especially since the Evie/Nefertiri character was filled out and made much more dimensional.

I mean why didn't they replace Brendan Fraser too...I heard the guy who did Borat was available.

No comments: